Are you in Denial?

"Even after your cigarette is long gone, you have an aura of stench that constantly emanates from your body and clothing. A smoker is like a guy who dumped gas on himself while filling up a lawnmower. He can't smell it, but everyone within 100 feet can. The next time somebody coughs when you walk by, don't assume it's 'fake.' You stink."

About Me

My photo
Mom to 3 beautiful Daughters - Grandmother to 7 wonderful Grandchildren & another on the way!! Been in Civil Engineering for over 28 years. Been with the love of my life for 18 years now. Oh and yes...I'm a Quitter!

Posts that I've previously Written

Monday, December 04, 2006

Day 17!!

Well I passed thru what you could call HELL week. On Quitnet.com, they call it "heck week" but I'm not as politically correct. 17 DAYS without a CIGARETTE!! Awesome for me....Yea... for Mike too. We are both doing so well.
Never in a million years would I have told you "I" could have done this! I always figured I would be the one left that smoked. It had me, it had me good.
Wow....what a ride! Today is the first day without my Wellbutrin. So far, not bad. I feel my back tightening up while writing that. Maybe it will be ok, maybe not. I can refill it on the 6th if I want. I've got two days to see if I can live without it. To me, its a miracle drug...pure and simple. At least for quitting smoking. As for the depressant part, you got me. I still get pissy, still get upset......is it not suppose to do that for people that are depressed?? I don't know...but I know for the side effects of not smoking it worked for me. Thats all I have to say about that.
I'm still craving though.......although my sense of smell has increased 3x at least.....
I smell smokers instantly. I was never one to like the smell of smokers or ashtrays anyway, but now I really smell them.
I still taste the same, although some people tell me that will increase too. I await that.

I still don't want one, and it is aggravating the crap out of me that I still crave them. Damn Junkie that I am!!!

No comments: