Are you in Denial?

"Even after your cigarette is long gone, you have an aura of stench that constantly emanates from your body and clothing. A smoker is like a guy who dumped gas on himself while filling up a lawnmower. He can't smell it, but everyone within 100 feet can. The next time somebody coughs when you walk by, don't assume it's 'fake.' You stink."

About Me

My photo
Mom to 3 beautiful Daughters - Grandmother to 7 wonderful Grandchildren & another on the way!! Been in Civil Engineering for over 28 years. Been with the love of my life for 18 years now. Oh and yes...I'm a Quitter!

Posts that I've previously Written

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Side Effects - Wellbutrin XL

I'm using it to help with the side effects of NOT SMOKING anymore.

Here's the Deal. The doctor told me to take One-Pill for 3 days, then Two-Pills for Four Days. On the Eighth Day you QUIT. Wellbutrin XL. Read about it. Its not for everyone. http://www.wellbutrin-xl.com/ It was originally created as a Anti-Depressant. However the side effects have been proven to help some with the withdrawal effects on Not Smoking.

Its seems to be really helping so far. I am a 2 1/4 pack smoker a day. Parents were 4 packs a day smokers. Dad died from emphysema, and Mom is on Oxygen 24/7. All my brothers and sisters smoked. There are 5 siblings. Two Males, Three Females. All but two have quit smoking now. The two younger ones. Their time is coming.

Its not Easy! No lying here! Toughest thing you'll ever do! I literally feel like a JUNKIE!
But your doing it to live longer, for your loved ones, not to get cancer, to have a GOOD QUALITY LIFE. It is WORTH it. I Guarantee it!! Look at these lungs...it won't make you quit, but it might make you think.



“Around 114,000 people die every year as a result of smoking-related illnesses. That's climbing. Cigarettes contain around 4000 different chemicals, either gases or particles - the most additive of which is nicotine. Nicotine reaches the brain within 20 seconds and creates a dependency.”
There are a lot of websites out there to help you. http://www.anti-smoking.org/

http://www.quitnet.com/ (this one has a great Chat area for Support) I found this picture on http://www.notosmoking.org and it kinda sums it up doesn't it.
Blue Cross, Blue Shield has a great Quit Smoking program. But, I needed something more. I knew that or anything by itself wouldn't be enough. Ask for help. It's there.
I didn't feel the difference of taking it (Wellbutrin XL) the first 7 days. Couldn't tell one way or the other. Thought to myself, it can't possibly help someone that is truly depressed. But then again, I'm only taking 300 MG a day. Things start to happen when the dosage goes up past 450 MG. I won't get there, no worries for me.

I still feel the withdrawal of the habit of smoking. I suppose a lot of it is because my body misses the Nicotine. Its had it for 34 years. I don't know what to do with myself when I would've been smoking. I suppose all that will come. I pray it will be soon. :) Meanwhile, I feel good about my decision. My girls and my grand-girls do too. :) I think I'm here for a while. Thank God, I happen to like it here.

No comments: