Are you in Denial?

"Even after your cigarette is long gone, you have an aura of stench that constantly emanates from your body and clothing. A smoker is like a guy who dumped gas on himself while filling up a lawnmower. He can't smell it, but everyone within 100 feet can. The next time somebody coughs when you walk by, don't assume it's 'fake.' You stink."

About Me

My photo
Mom to 3 beautiful Daughters - Grandmother to 7 wonderful Grandchildren & another on the way!! Been in Civil Engineering for over 28 years. Been with the love of my life for 18 years now. Oh and yes...I'm a Quitter!

Posts that I've previously Written

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

73 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes and 25 seconds

Yup...you see it!! Mike and I are QUITTERS! Big time!!

Time Smoke-Free: 73 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 5 seconds

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 3303
Lifetime Saved: 25 days, 5 hours
Money Saved: $499.50

Now Multiply that times (2) for Mike, also! I copied and pasted that information from http://www.quitnet.com from my very own account. That website is a God-Send for me. Truly.

Its been hard. That's for sure. But it would be harder for me to PICK up a cigarette and put it in my mouth at this point!! I just don't want to. It doesn't have that control over me anymore. Just 73 days later. I AM IN CONTROL!

Believe it or not, but mind and body still crave it from time to time. Not consistent. I get mad when it happens, because I know where it comes from.

My advice: BE STRONG. WANT TO QUIT. FIND SUPPORT. LOVE YOURSELF. REMEMBER YOU WILL NOT DIE FROM NOT SMOKING. FIND A WAY TO CALM YOURSELF. AND BREATHE!!

Mike asked me last night, "How we going to reward ourselves at the 90 day mark?". I said...."by breathing Mike, by breathing!" :)

I will find something to make it a big day for us. However, I remember every moment...that I DON'T cough.... why its a reward all by itself! :) Have a Great SMOKE FREE day!

No comments: